Wednesday, January 12, 2005

PRESIDENT ASSHOLE

"I think people attack me because they are fearful that I will then say that you're not equally as patriotic if you're not a religious person," Mr. Bush said. "I've never said that. I've never acted like that. I think that's just the way it is."

Bush has been getting flack for saying being religious is a prerequisite for the presidency. But I think he's saying something worse in the above quote: that while he has never said, and would never say outright, that you have to be religious to be patriotic, he does think it is self-evident. Bush is a devotee of the most assholish fringe of Christian faith, so being less patriotic in his eyes is something I guess I'll just have to live with.

I may be wrong, and he's saying that the "attacks" are "the way it is." In which case, I will follow the example of President Bush and his administration, and refuse to admit my mistake and apologise.

I'd like to remind everyone that Bush has the same job as George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and Abraham Lincoln.

No comments: