Monday, January 21, 2008

MLK DAY BLOGGING

I went into work this morning, and wondered where the heck everybody was. Oh, right. National holiday.

I was saddened by the lack of right-wing talk radio today. I think it shows a lack of convictions for a bunch of white guys who are outraged that there's a Martin Luther King holiday in the first place to take the day off.

I went to get mu allergy shot and my blood drawn. The lab, I was jabbed several time in an effort to fiund my vein. The first time, the nurse held the needle with just the tip in the vein, and I snapped at her to take it out the rest of the way.

In the elevator on the way out, a man told me, "They're serving ribs in the cafeteria today, and I just couldn't resist." I told him I'd probably treat myself some other time, and he replied, "Today of all days the only time we're ever going to see that." I wonder if that observation would have been offensive from a white guy? (He was African American.)

Lastly, here's King's rightfully legendary Letter from a Birmingham Jail.

No comments: