Tuesday, February 05, 2008

LIVEBLOGGING SUPER TUESDAY

5:13 I am kind of sick, so what better way to pass the time than trying not to squirm too hard on the election results. I have Across the Universe playing to keep me distracted until more polls close at 9 pm Eastern. I'm kind of hating it. I knew it would be a movie I would either love or hate, but I expected to love it.

Obama scored the early win in Georgia. I guess Huckabee collected the first win of the day in West Virginia, but I can't help but feel that WV's participation taints the very word "super."

5:55 Okay, I officially hated Across the Universe. Tim Russert just expressed astonishment by the level of education reached by Democratic voters.

5:57 Clinton wins Massachusetts. As everyone is pointing out, Obama and Clinton are going to roll out of this evening with a minor shift in relative delegates. The fight continues, presumably through Washington State and beyond.

6:16 Over at CNN, it looks like Obama and Clinton have each locked up 7 contests. Obama has DE, MN, KS, CT, AL, IL and GA. Clinton has OK, NJ, MA, MO, AR, NY and TN. It looks like Clinton's are more of the big wins.

6:18 Fox just called NY for McCain, which reminds me that this is Super Tuesday for Republics, too. I'm not as invested.

6:21 I'm so messed up with time zones. Shouldn't we be hearing from AZ, CO and NM pretty soon? I can't believe how long it is gonna take for Cali.

6:24 Clinton now has 272 delegates to Obama's 211. I'm glad people are calculating, because I can't do the math.

6:33 Obama is projected to win nine states to Clinton's seven. Interesting...

6:38 Wow, McCain is seriously clobbering the competition.

6:55 Oh! Karl Rove! He totally wants Hilary to win. I hate him.

7:20 Fox News certainly doesn't pretend to be anything other than the Republican network. Man, how I hate Bill Kristol.

8:22 Losing interest. Obama might be looking at a delegate victory.

8:23 To clarify, the math of it all is turning me off.

No comments: