Monday, November 04, 2002

Was a fun-filled, action-packed four days. Got absolutely wasted on Halloween. Spent Friday with my eyes beet red. Not helping matters, I had a grant application due, for sound work on Shoot the Girl, my movie. The editor was supposed to get me a tape of footage the day before. Hadn't done it. Called him at 11:00. When are you bringing by the tape? 1:30. Called him at 2:00. When are you bringing me the tape? An hour. Called him at 3:00 When are you bringing by the tape? I need the fucking tape. I need to drop it off by 5:00. He says, I'll have it ready at 5:00. Not good enough, jackass, I need to get it there by 5:00 What the hell is wrong with you? I need it in the next hour. Okay, he says, I'll bring it over. Do you need me to come over there and get it? No, it's okay. Do you need me to come over there? No, it's fine. I'm coming over there. Okay, that's probably for the best. Got tape. Confirmed lunch plans with the editor for meeting on Saturday. Take tape to sound studio. Go to a reception for work. Somehow was NOT that awkward, considering it was the launch of our new bequest club. Then went to friend's birthday. Full from the reception, I ordered a salad. I had to suffer the indignity of arguing, when the rest of the party insisted I pay a full 1/13th share of dinner (around $70) for my $8 salad, a glass of wine and the appetizer I ate. Paid $25, which was fine. Went home, passed out. Saturday go to a used book store. Editor calleds, canceling lunch. I don't call him back. Later went to a dance performance with. We left early because last time we went to a dance peformance, we got so caught up in drinking, were were late. We showed up at 9:00 on the nose (after drinking) and the doors were locked. Someone let us in. We sat on the floor. Just fucking awful dance perfromance. Twenty minutes later, the lights went up, everyone was thanked, and everyone got up to leave. What the fuck? There were supposed to be like four performances? Turns out we were a floor below. We hurried updatirs, having missed the first piece. The guy gives me $6 change from my twenty for a $12 ticket. I argue. He gives me $21. Delicious. We see a dance performance, some sucked, some were good -- my assistant Freya likes to use pop music, which is a refreshing change from the flutes and drums that normally make up these things. The last group was dreadful. They tried to integrate video. Failed. At one point they stopped doing anything and we sat back and watched tv. Not a good sign for a dance performance. Sunday woke up. Drove to a used book store. Bought Star Wars: Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight. Played that all day. Around 4:00, started cooking for another friend's birthday party. Prepare delicious curry sauce. Aound 5:00, drop half of delicious curry sauce on floor. Shriek for ten minutes, clean up. Luckily there was enough sauce. Went to party. Drank. Hung out. My friend got a two-pronged dildo and some spoons for her birthday. Went home. Played video game. Went to sleep. Woke up. Here at work.

No comments: