Monday, February 23, 2004

In December I ordered champaign flutes for my sister and her husband from Hecht's. They were backordered, so my little sister tracked some down at a store, and I cancelled the mail order. Six weeks later, I noticed a withdrawal from my checking account from Hecht's. I called, and despite this being a clear and obvious fuck up, the mumbling ESL shitbrain in customer service insisted that whatever happened, it was my fault. It took my about five minutes to demand a supervisor (and you would have thought that was a personal insult to the monkey I'd previously spoken to), and I managed to work out that the shipment could be refused, and then I'd get my money back.

Hecht's called me demanding to know why the shipment had been refused. I told the moron because it had been cancelled and never should have been shipped, and to credit my card. She then looked at whatever file they had, and agreed with me.

Today I called those colossal fuck-ups to get an idea of when my card would be credited. Apparently they were waiting for a call from me to confirm -- really, really confirm this time -- that I wanted a refund.

This is all to my debit card, btw, so it's right out of my checking account.

So, they call me back a couple time today, having finally noticed that maybe this had been going on a little too long. The latest call is to let me know that they were unable to credit shipping. But that's okay, they said, because the next time I'm in fucking Fairfax, VA, I can drop by the Hecht's there and presumeably spend a couple hours trying to crowbar $7 cash from customer service in-store. I said that wouldn't work, since I do not live anywhere near Fairfax, so they made a vague promise to get me the money somehow.

I suppose they are counting on such a small amount being worth dropping, but I am going to pursue this final $7, and make Hecht's the focal point of all the rage and frustration in my life.

Anyway, boycott Hechts.

No comments: