Tuesday, December 18, 2007

MEMORIES OF CHICK BLOODHOUND

While googling for myself, I came across this interesting blog post by a Mr. Cal Godot. Cal wrote the first few drafts of Chick Bloodhound, a short of which I wrote the subsequent drafts.

I'm not wild about Chick Bloodhound (I would provide some links, but apparently my early prayer that the film be on my resume and absolutely nowhere else has been answered.) I was ultimately credited with as writer, actor and associate producer. Directed by Paul Fraser, it was my first film.

There's a couple interesting things about Cal's post. First, his experience and mine were very similar. Cal and I apparently share a taste for Cassevetes. I too disagreed with Paul over the ending. Actually, I don't remember if I wrote the ending Cal complains about.

And there's some stuff I didn't know. As far as I remember, I never met Cal. So it was interesting to read that he was in contact with Paul throughout the production. Cal's complaint about the actors improvising should really have been directed toward me. The lead actor, Jeff Polage, was also producing (he started out as producer, before being cast). him and I were almost in insurrection against Paul during the shoot, frequently directing actors and taking control of the set to do things our way. (I would kill any writer who pulled that shit on me.)

Based on his blog post, I wonder if Cal even knew another writer was working on it, or how involved I was in the production. I don't think the lack of me in his account really changes it much in any way, though.

No comments: