Wednesday, August 07, 2002

Joe Rogan, so sadly underused as the host on TV's Fear Factor, has posted an excellent review of a bizarre Elvis impersonator with a small cock and a prediliction for water sports on his web log. I don't know how long it will be there, so I moved it off the links and into the body here.

Speaking of Fear Factor, I've noticed that every time I watch it, it involves the torture of some celebrity (the episode I saw involved models being put in a tube with fruit flies and forced under water). Is this a trend? I appreciate the desire to see someone like Tom Arnold humiliated, but going to the point of making him eat worms or spraying him with excrement seems extreme. Or maybe not. Just so we're clear, there is in fact no actual episode where Tom Arnold was sprayed with excrement. At least it hasn't been aired yet. I doubt I'm the first Cassandra on this, but I bet within a few years you can go to a lawless hell-hole like Serbia and actually put someone like Pauly Shore to the blade on live television. A minor celebrity gets a famous-person death they probably don't deserve, a star-fucker (or psycho) get the pleasure of linking themselves to fame, the television-watching public enjoys another geek biting the head off a chicken (metaphorically speaking) and FOX enjoys another ratings hit. Everyone wins.

No comments: