Thursday, September 19, 2002

Speaking of Fastlane, Tom Shales hated it. But I thoght it was pretty fun. Tiffany Amber-Theissen is, as usaul, mm-mmm deliscious, and pretty-boy cutout Peter Facinelli does a good job as a mannequin who solves crimes. There were some funny lines: "If I were here to bend over and get doggied, I'd be barking by now." Spoken by Jennifer Sky, who I've nevr seen before, but has an immense internet fan base because of her long career in syndicated science fiction and fantasy shows. Bianca Kajlich is another hot thang, but I just saw her on Fastlane's IMDB page, and didn't see her on the show at all. Maybe Peter will dog her out next week. Enjoying the show is probably dependent on your enjoyment of McG, who wrote, created and directed. I have fallen under his spell. I will now go and buy the Charlie's Angels dvd.

One sour point: a casual rascist remark is said twice, both in the interest of inter-police fraternity, but still uncomfortable: "If you want to play the mystic negro, I'll get you a rope." I don't know, it was out of place.

No comments: