Tuesday, October 08, 2002

As a favor to a friend, I went down to the protest march in Seattle this past weekend. I spent about two hours there, which was two hours too many. I recorded interviews with some of the protestors, who included a couple morons, a dog, a chick in clown make-up and a guy wearing a diaper. Predictably, the most cogent analysis of American foreign policy was given by the guy in the diaper. He was the "Peace Angel." Of course, he was wearing a sign on his back that said "Only Congress Can Declare War," although I doubt that a legal declaration of war from both houses of Congress would somehow sway his support. The people I interviewed were retarded, unable to respond to jokes or any request for clarification of their views. I mentioned the thirty-strong counter-demonstration (today a right-wing radio host said the counter-demonstration had a low turnout because all the right-wingers have jobs. Where, restaurants?) to a moron wielding a puppet, and he acted like I called him a motherfucker. I also asked him who would win in a duel, Saddam or W. He couldn't answer. He said he didn't know. What kind of jack-offs are these, anyway? I mean, even a guess would have given him a fifty-fifty chance of getting in right. But noooo.... these creampuffs have to be all self-serious to make up for the lack of depth in their understanding and ideals. Awful chants, too. "Not in our name!" I'm sorry, do they not want a war, or they not want to get blamed for a war? And "The People United, Will Never be Divided!" which is unforgivably totalitarian for my taste. I mean, let's just say that the people who are currently united have a difference of opinion down the line, on say, shade-grown coffee (this is Seattle, after all). Are the one's who try to separate going up against the wall? Don't get me wrong, I would hate to rule out that option, but I would like others to choose from, after all. I convinced my friend there wasn’t going to be a riot, so we left and went to see Red Dragon.

No comments: