Monday, October 14, 2002

LINKS

Courtesy of Emily...

My Redneck Neighbor

>I knock on the door. Get ready for this image. The door opens, JD8 is
>holding a beer. There's a working disco ball hanging on their ceiling fan.
> There's a guy in the background standing in front of a big screen TV
>(holding a microphone). The words to George Michael's "Careless Whisper"
>slowly scroll to the music. You guessed it! It's a Karaoke Party!!! It
>takes all my strength to not laugh and remain "angry". I ask them to turn
>it down. The music stops for tonight.

http://www.knology.net/~carlos/redneck.htm

The author of this website clearly doesn't realize that his "redneck
neighbor" is gay.


And...
>I have SAD Social Anxiety Disorder. Although I can't say that SAD, alone,
>was the cause of my homelessness, it was a major contributing factor, along
>with the right kind of life experiences that lead a person to homelessness.
>And, as much as SAD played a part in my becoming homeless, it plays a more
>significant role as an obstical in my attempts to leave homelessness.


>Wow. I awoke at 6am, rolled over and fell back asleep until 9:30am. Some
>people might think this is no big deal. It is a rare privilege for homeless
>people.

http://www.thehomelessguy.blogspot.com/

No comments: