Wednesday, October 16, 2002

Olivier Assayas' l'Eau Froide, starring Virginie Ledoyen is the best teen movie I've ever seen. It is one of those movies where the title is absolutely meaningless until the last scene. And then, it means everything. I saw it two years ago, and the ending still kills me.

The movie is by turns funny, intense, and sad, as the two teen lovers run from home towards that ending. There's a great scene at a house party where the needle keeps getting jerked from the record; the last time this happens, the interrupted song (CCR's "Up Around the Bend") starts again from the beginning.

And it stars Virgine Ledoyen.


(I can't help but think that in addition to being ridiculously beautiful, Ms. Ledoyen looks like a nice person. Maybe it's just me.)

I have not the foggiest idea how to see it again.

No comments: